Frequently Asked Questions
Find the answers for the most popular below
- What is Virola?
- Is Virola Corporate Messenger free?
- Who can use Virola Corporate Messenger?
- Is Virola self-hosted?
- What kind of personal data do you collect?
- Where is my data stored?
- How to get started?
- How to install Virola on Linux server?
- Do you offer mobile apps?
- Do you offer video conferences?
- Do you offer screen sharing?
- Can I schedule meetings?
- How many group topic based chats can I create?
What is Virola?
Virola is a team collaboration tool, which you can either install on your own server or use on a cloud server. With Virola Corporate Messenger you can keep your conversations and data protected. Moreover, you can have all your workflow in one place, schedule meetings, create and assign tasks, track the progress and many more.
Is Virola Corporate Messenger free?
At present Virola Corporate Messenger is available for free as part of Virola Insider Program.
Who can use Virola Corporate Messenger?
Virola Corporate Messenger is perfect for internal company communication. Today more and more companies are forced to move to virtual offices. The demand for remote internal communication grows. Virola helps manage remote teams, arrange communication between them, create topic based chats and schedule voice and video conferences.
With Virola you can improve your internal communication:
- Keep all important information at your fingertips
- All files are stored and can be easily accessed
- All internal communication is conducted in one application
- Create topic-based communication rooms
- Assign tasks and monitor your team progress with help of Kanban board
Is Virola self-hosted?
Both self-hosted and cloud versions of Virola are available. You can either install the application on your server or create and use the cloud server.
What kind of personal data do you collect?
Where is my data stored?
If you use self-hosted Virola Corporate Messenger, the data is stored on your server. If you use our cloud-based solution, the data is stored on our corporate dedicated servers.
How to get started?
You just need to follow 3 steps to set Virola Corporate Messenger up and running:
- Setup a server. You can either create a cloud server or install Virola server application on your own server. Installation packages are available for Linux, Windows and macOS
- Install Virola client and create user profiles and topic based groups
- Provide your teammates with login credentials and let them install Virola client on their computers and mobile devices
How to install Virola on Linux server?
Please refer to our detailed step by step video tutorial showing how to install Virola on Linux server.
Do you offer video conferences?
You can enable live video streaming mode during the conference. For this you need to click 'video camera' icon in the chat room toolbar. This way the conversation participants will see that you are ready to stream the video. They will need to click the 'eye' icon in the chat room toolbar to start watching live streams from the room participants.
Do you offer screen sharing?
Yes, screen sharing is available for the chat participants. It is available only for specific chat or group chat members. To share the screen you need to click 'share screen' icon in the chat room toolbar. Your chat participants will see the shared screen in a separate tab which will appear in the chat room toolbar after the screen has been shared. Screen sharing session can be combined with a voice meeting.
Can I schedule meetings?
You can schedule meetings and view upcoming events for specific chat room by clicking 'calendar' icon in the contacts toolbar.
How many group topic based chats can I create?
You can create any number of topic based group chats, this is not limited.