Self-hosted Virola Messenger
Data stored on a self-hosted Virola server is fully controlled by the server owner. No data from the self-hosted Virola server or Virola client applications is disclosed to third parties, or available to Virola developers. Server owners bear responsibility for data storage and integrity.
If push notifications for mobile Virola clients are enabled on the server, encrypted push notifications about new messages and calls are sent from the server to Apple APNs or/and Google Firebase services and then to Virola mobile clients. However, these push notifications can be decrypted only on the server or on the client. If necessary, push notifications can be fully disabled for the server.
Cloud based Virola Messenger
Cloud-based Virola server stores account registration email and workspace data you provide when creating, updating and using your server in Virola cloud. This may be your server users' names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers and other contact details, job descriptions, company name, text messages, files, etc. It's up to you which data to provide. The only required data for each user profile is the nickname and the password to login to Virola client.
In no case will we disclose this information to third parties unless forced to do so by law.
International Data Transfer
Virola cloud is hosted in the USA. If you reside outside of the USA, please note that data stored on your Virola cloud server is transferred outside your country. By submitting your personal data or making this data available while using Virola cloud server, you consent to such transfer.
Virola Messenger website
Types of Data We Collect
- Your email address - in case you create a cloud based Virola server.
- History of your communication with us - chat transcripts, e-mails, phone calls records.
- Automatic technical data - IP, location, your browser / operating system / device details.
- Anonymous data about the website usage - pages viewed, items clicked, time spent on the website.
Virola website sets the following cookies:
- SessionID - session cookie required for the website proper functioning
- ps_rvm_Mxlc - permanent cookie required for the live chat proper functioning
Third-party services that set cookies via Virola website:
- Google Analytics - cookies required for the purposes of analytics, marketing campaigns, etc. Set once a visitor enters the website
- Provide Support Live Chat - cookies required for the live chat functioning. Set only if the live chat is used
All these cookies don't allow us or our partners to collect any personally identifiable information about you. You may choose to deny our own or third party cookies through your web browser settings, but certain features of the website may become unavailable or non-functional after that.
We use your personal information:
- to provide customer support to you
- aggregated anonymous and pseudonymous data are used for analytics and marketing research
We do not use your email address to send commercial messages without your consent.
Sharing of Information with Third Parties
In no case will we disclose your personal information to third parties unless forced to do so by law.
Children Personal Data
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through our website.
Links to Third Party Websites
Accessing, Updating and Removing Personal Information
Upon request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal data. Users who wish to correct, update or remove any personal details including those from a testimonial or a case study throughout our Services may do so either by accessing their user account or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Data Transfer
If you reside outside of the USA, please note that we may transfer your personal data outside your country. By submitting your personal data or making this data available while using our website, you consent to such transfer.